Saturday 26 March 2011

Tute 2 - Digital Images

Digital images are stored within the computer hard drive, very convenient until that hard drive dies.
So to make sure that precious memories are not lost it is wise to have another copy, possibly on a disc or external hard drive even may be getting them printed off and stored in an album.  I must admit than I look at the photos I have that are in album more that the ones I have stored on my desk top computer. Now I need to upload some pictures, wish me luck...

"A new technology is rarely superior to an old one in every feature" hmm... Not too sure I agree or disagree with this statement. How many of us have to replace a cell phone after it 'just' comes out of warranty?
New is flasher, prettier, lighter in weight, faster, more complex to learn. Where as with an older piece of equipment the operation is well known, the machine is 'worn in' and quite possibly even still not all options are used. Take the example of a sewing machine I purchased when I first started working, my first big purchased, an old Bernina which I traded in for a new model when my children were little, so I could sew stretch fabric, but the machine turned out to be of lesser quality so I ended up trading it in again on an older model and buying an over-locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment